Marketing strategy development is the stage of the new-product development process in which a three-part marketing strategy plan is developed:
- Define product position, including target market size, structure, and purchasing behavior. Identify initial sales goals in terms of market share and profits.
- Specify year-one price and distribution strategy, and marketing budget.
- Describe ongoing marketing-mix strategy and future sales and profits.
- ^ Kotler, Philip, and Kevin Lane Keller, Marketing Management 12th edition, Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2006, pp 654-655.
We welcome comments that will help us improve the precision and clarity of our definitions. To submit a suggestion, please click on the Add Discussion bar below.
- Comments are limited to registered users of this site. Click “Join” at the top right hand side of this page to apply.
- If you would like to suggest a new marketing definition or have a general comment, please visit our /home page.