- industrial advertising, which involves goods, services, resources, and supplies used in the production of other goods and services
- trade advertising, which is directed to wholesalers and retailers who buy the advertised product for resale to consumers
- professional advertising, which is directed to members of various professions who might use or recommend the advertised product
- agricultural advertising, which is directed to farmers as business customers of various products and services
- ^ American Marketing Association, AMA Dictionary.