- (Sales) A person acts as a representative of a firm or individual.
- (Retailing) A business unit that negotiates purchases, sales, or both but does not take title to the goods in which it deals.
- (Retailing) A person agent; one who represents the principal (who, in the case of retailing, is the store or merchant) and who acts under authority, whether in buying or in bringing the principal into business relations with third parties.
- (Global Marketing) A company or individual that represents a company in a particular market. Normally an agent does not take title to goods.
- ^ American Marketing Association, AMA Dictionary.